Thursday, January 12, 2012

Module Two

Module Two:

Work flow software, is the protocols that allows you to work with any program you choose seamlessly.  Say that I am a bookie; I need to have a program showing me the up to the minute results, virus the bets.  The up coming events and odds, I also want to see my PayPal activity. To be efficient, I would need to have interoperable work flow software to handle all aspects of my company.

Open Source or Community developed software, are patches or programs that are built on someone else’s source code, that was given a copy right that says you may improve upon just give credit to the original developer of the source code. This is important because it takes something that is good and exploits every once of potential out of it. This is being done from all faucets and industries imaginable. It allows this code to be changed over and over again to make it what ever the programmer needs it to be. While always giving credit back to the original creator, in doing this it allows the creator the option of offering tech support on the programs at a fee. This is important because it allows people to work with their own ingenuity to solve their own problems; this is usually done quicker and more efficiently on their own then by someone else. Giving credit to the original creator makes for a continue supply of new more efficient programs, and a virtual never ending supply of support options, that translates in to cash flow.


Outsourcing, by definition is the process of contracting a business function to someone else. This translates out to, finding the most cost effective, efficient way to run the ins and outs of a business. Once you have, sending your work to be done there.
It is a running joke at my house that I need a clone; the concept of outsourcing may be the solution that I have been looking for. All I need to do is sit down and make a list of jobs, that I need done every day, e.g. laundry, car pool, home work, cleaning of the boys bathrooms. Conduct a search for the most cost effective, efficient person to do these jobs for me and outsource them.  
Outsourcing is important because it allows a business owner that is located any where in the world to look every where in the world for the bottom line, cost effective solution to their needs.



3 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your example of outsourcing; it's very creative! We could all use a clone to outsource to... At first I could only think of a bunch of house work to outsource, but then I thought of something I read in the book. Friedman talks about business people having assistants in India that they outsource too. If a presentation is needed the next morning, they just send it out to their assistant and the work is completed by the time they wake up the next morning. Imagine the possibility of outsourcing homework! What a life would that be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am singularly impressed by the ingenuity some of these companies have in outsourcing tasks. I had no idea that some McDonald's had outsourced taking orders to locations far from the actual restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too enjoyed your example of outsourcing! I wish I could clone myself as well. I might get something done. I would love to outsource my CARE entries that I have to do on a daily basis. It would cut down on what I would have to accomplish daily. How wonderful life would be.

    ReplyDelete